Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Birthday Party!

After visiting Pipina I was headed to Lisbon's Rock in Rio Festival. It was my birthday gift to myself to attend the last day of the week long music festival. The concert ended with Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band. It was a fantastic performance. I don't have many pictures since I was just focused on living the experience. 

I was going to be returning late and in Vila de Rei I found a ride with some of my mom's old friends and some new ones. The Portuguese are incredible and always willing to help you and share with you in any experience. These are great people and I even went to Tiago and Patricia's house to watch the Portugal vs. Germany game this week.

While in Rock, we just had a lot of chill and fun times. It was great not being alone. I'm so grateful. Here's the group!




Sunset Stage where Rui Veloso performed.


This is maybe 1/10th of the 81,000 that were present.


Millenium Stage with a nice sky.


The famous and over 30 year old Portuguese band Xutos e Pontapés performing. They made everyone sing!


The World Stage.


Bruce is a great entertainer. The ground was shaking since everyone was dancing. The best was seeing the crowd waving their arms back and forth. It looked just like a vast sea!


Toward the end of the show, fireworks were set off from the stage. Bruce Springsteen just kept playing until he had given it all he had. His ending was even more fantastic than when he sang with fireworks roaring in the sky. It was a wonderful 21st birthday!


Just so you can kinda see what was happening...


(There is better footage on Youtube if you are interested, I'm just sticking to what I have been taking footage and pictures of. There's a lot I simply just can't show...)

LIVE LIFE!