Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Fountain of Youth

______________________________________________________________________

Downtown Lisbon
Praça da Figueira
______________________________________________________________________


 This summer I have been feeling a lot like this guy. Going out on my own, exploring. Pretty sweet.
He like's to chill in this square once in a while, so I got a picture of him.




 ______________________________________________________________________

Downtown Lisbon
Rossio Square
______________________________________________________________________


One of the most captivating fountains I have ever seen, hence the title of the post.






Old elevator of S. Justa. It connects the Baixa district to the Bairro Alto district. It has a wonderful view and esplanada on top that I couldn't access because of the tourist army that was guarding its doors. I went somewhere else instead for a sunset view...you will see.



Some more patterns for my collection.


 ______________________________________________________________________

Downtown Lisbon
Restauradores Square
______________________________________________________________________


Beautiful beginning of the Av. of Liberty.


Later on this day I went to the Bairro Alto district to the Bairro Alto hotel's terrace that has a beautiful bar. It is expensive and it has bad tasting brownies, just so you know.




Next two are phone pictures. Not as good but descriptive.




Here are so "others" that I forgot to add or didn't find a space for them before.

In order to have enough "humph" for my adventuring into the grand city of Lisbon, this is the kind of food I must resort to.




This was a meal for three people. The left side is my side of course. I'm a bit ashamed to be honest...


Some old flower pictures just because I found them in one of the albums.



A friend's home had this beautiful marble staircase. "Oh yeah, this was the cheapest we could find." Portugal is marble wonderland.


In hidden corners like these...


You can find magical places like these...



Movie watching on the walls of the Castle of S. Jorge.


Wonderful friends I met on te train the other night. Alfredo is an angle of a person. He is a fashion designer who is doing a show based on Amália Rodrigues, our queen of Fado. What an amazing encounter. At 1am we went to Su's place and drank wine, ate cheese, and listen to the great of Fado.