Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

2013, The New Year!

2013 started off with a BANG!


On every New Years the entire universe shifts their attention to Times Square, Manhattan NYC in order to see the famous ball drop.

Thousands upon thousands line up in freezing cold weather for countless hours to get a glimpse of the tiny little dot as it counts down time.


The lucky ones, get to be this close.


And then there is me...with my infinite luck I met a wonderful friend who got me THIS (imaginary pinching of the fingers) close to the Times Square Ball.


Our venue was a wonderful get together of old and new friends that overlooked the square.



When 2013 rolled in, I kept my finger on the camera, constantly shooting, while mesmerized by the incredible spectacle in display right in front of my nose.





After the party, unbeknownst to me, we went to an even BIGGER PARTY!!! One of the best DJs in the world, Afrojack, was playing by the river and we got inside access ;) thank you!


It was a raging rave of thousands of people.



It was an unforgettable night that lasted until 6:30am! Check out 2 minutes of it here:
CAREFUL!!!! It is a very loud youtube video!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Ctv5krzbA

My heart goes out to the man who made it all happen, my friend Ben.
Our friendship began our freshman year in college. We often chill together, play squash, and talk about anything and everything. We hail from opposite Atlantic coasts (NY and Portugal) but our friendship will be everlasting. Here is a great thanks in the hope for more amazing memories in the future.