Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

where is home?

As I travel to Portugal for the first time in 8 years I am on the ultimate search for the meaning of home. For these long years many have asked "where are you from?", and without fail I always respond "I am originally from Portugal but I live in Mass". The truth of it all, is that home lives with us. For me, home in fact is where my mom is:


My hope for this voyage is that I will be able to experience Portugal, its culture, history, and life, so that I may then carry it with me through other journeys and discoveries, while always remaining true to myself in a continuous process of growth.


With family there is always a chance for some chill time. Mike and I just couldn't resist the opportunity to look fly... before flying to my land and nation.

 On May 28th at 8am , I finally arrived in Lisbon after 7 years, 10 months, and 21 days.