Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Lucid Dreaming

Finding a time to relax during finals at Williams is a challenge. However, here and there, students find themselves involuntarily snoozing in beautiful locations; Jenness Porch is one of my favorites.

Today while perching on the chair on this porch, I pondered on how to best portray the dream I had just had. I decided to go back to sleep and take a camera with me to best describe what I was seeing.

When I woke up... 

I found myself walking down my grandparents' marble lined apartment entrance. My mind/legs quickly transported me down the street to a corner where maple trees were nowhere to be found.

A bit confused, I walked up the street a bit, looked back...

and realized that Williams was a few miles that < way (down the street is the Atlantic) and that I was ACTUALLY walking. Actually breathing in the soothing ocean scented breeze that is carried through the streets of São João do Estoril. All excited, I began jumping like the 13 year old I had once left behind, dropped some beats for my grandma's entertainment and, since I had that dream camera in hand (the iPhone's 1 million megapixel camera does some wonderful stuff) I resumed my picture taking.



On the way to the station, we stopped to say hi to some friends...

Actually we went to my grandmother's hairdressing store and I got caught up with all the gossip =p

Then we got on one of these:


(note: I will have to capture some good graffiti to prove that it is not just a way to defile public spaces)

and we went to Cascais to run a short errand


Here in Rua Direita, I was gifted with my first remembrance of the beautiful art of Portuguese cobblestones that cover sidewalks in the Lisbon area.


Since I was a still a bit unsure of whether this was a dream or reality, I decided to pick this gentleman's proboscis. He was sure to react if this were a dream! He did... he got all offended and stormed away.


 I settled on the fact that today had to be both a bit of real and a touch of dreamy.
Onwards through the streets of Cascais...






 Seeing all of these beautiful esplanadas, or restaurants with outside eating areas, made me turn in my Jenness porch chair/made me hungry, and I sleepwalked/walked into a café with my grandmother not realizing that we had arrived in

PARADISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what to choose??? I had one of these yesterday...

 salame

Therefore I decided to enjoy one of THESE


Bola de Berlim (with cream!!!)

while in the most wonderful company that finally fixed the dream/reality paradox. I was with family.


then we came home...


As per usual, I did my 2 hours of guitar practice a day, this time in a newly refurbished space.


Then I had a Portuguese home cooked meal, which always comes with delicious soup, a delicious entreé, and BREAD!!


Now I am here


 tired of doing nothing all day... praying for more wonderful dreams/moments.